Welcome to the November edition of the Leadership Pack.
In this month’s edition:
- A post from me on what I did in 1989 and what I am still trying to achieve. The post is about my running but each experience and tip fits for work too.
- A post from my wife Joyce from her new blog: ‘Positive Vibes – A Way of Life’ (she really is that positive) the only aim from both articles is to inspire you.
- 3 x Ted.com presentations. All three are excellent. The one I highly recommend though is Amy Cuddy’s ‘Body Language shapes who you are’.
- Before you can manage and lead others, you need to be able to manage yourself first, so I hope the piece on ‘Winter Wellbeing’ helps you.
- BRAINWAVES – Common Problems Solved. Feeling the Butterflies? Making the most of your Time? Managing those difficult conversations? I have sourced some tips from CMIs Professional Manager that I think will help you with each one.
I mentioned in last month’s edition I was going to attend the Naked Leader conference “Your Future Take it or Lead It” in October. The Naked Leader, as our regular readers will know, is fronted by David Taylor, the author of the Naked Leader books, broadcaster and leadership guru. I came back from last year’s conference with ideas for the company I work for.
I attended last month and came back refreshed, inspired and with new ideas. I am sharing with you some of the thoughts from each presenter further into this Leadership Pack.
This month’s quotes have been taken from my wife’s @JoyceRaw1 twitter feed – thanks Joyce. I am also on Twitter: @DoshLtd sharing leadership thoughts at 7am, 7 days a week. I welcome new followers!
It’s not about how good you are,
It’s how good you want to be
Keep making a difference in people’s lives and have a successful month.
Steve Raw FinstLM, FCMI, GCGI