Welcome to this month’s edition of the Leadership Pack.
In this edition:
- ‘Begin with the End in Mind’ – what better way to begin than with an article from someone who regularly contributes to our leadership pack. Damian Piper has kindly shared a story from a recent coaching session, with a message for us all. I highly recommend Damian’s training, presentations and his website http://www.effectivechallenge.com as an excellent resource for your continued professional development.
- I have trawled through the video presentations from Ted.com to bring, what I think, are three of the best ‘talks’ that I hope will move and inspire you this month. Do try and take a few minutes of your time to watch (at least one) of the talks as I am sure you will be pleased you did.
- It was my youngest daughter’s (Bettina) birthday the other day and I cannot think of a day when she has not taught me something about life; about who I am or about leadership. I share Bettina’s lessons in life on my blog ‘Being Bettina’s Dad’ and each one includes a series of messages that I hope will inspire those who read her story. My latest edition is ‘Finding Dory – it was a Team Effort’ and, as always, the only aim is to inspire you.
- In Dosh http://www.dosh.org we value what makes a person an individual, so we feel that it is important that we keep Diversity Awareness at the top of our agenda. My colleague, Maddy Hubbard, is the author of an excellent paper (in my opinion) on Diversity for our organisation, which has already been used on team days. Please look out for a new video from Maddy on our new website and YouTube which highlights our important contribution to Diversity and Inclusion. I have included a small piece on Diversity from Modern Management’s magazine.
- At the end of August I hit 60!! A personal achievement for me as my mother told me I would not see my 16th birthday unless I started behaving myself! So now I feel it is time to reflect and I have written a piece about ‘Living your life well’ and what it means to me.
This month’s quotes have been taken from my wife’s @JoyceRaw1 and @livelikearaw
twitter feeds – thanks Joyce. I am also on Twitter: @DoshLtd sharing leadership thoughts at 7am, 7 days a week. I welcome new followers!
Steve Raw FinstLM, FCMI, GCGI
It’s not about how good you are,
Its how Good
You want to be